Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reflection - Arab-Israeli Conflict

To be honest, before learning about this material in class, all I truly knew about this conflict is that it was between Israel and Palestine and that the United States took a pro-Israeli standpoint on this whole ordeal. I did not personally have the opportunity to present my material during class due to being out for tennis, however I was one of the leading researchers for my group, and my research lead to me take a pro-Palestinian standpoint on the situation. It seems as though the Israeli's basically came into the land inhabited by the Palestinians and virtually kicked them out and dubbed the land to be their own. This, to me, is surprisingly similar to what colonials did to the Native Americans here in the United States and throughout North America. I believe that this was simply out of an act of power prevailing over what should have actually been the natives land in the first place. I suppose that it truly is not fair for this to happen to anyone, but it has happened throughout history all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment