Sunday, May 16, 2010

Septemer 11 Terrorist Attacks


This image depicts the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. This image is so powerful to me, it captures the instant of impact of the aircraft, while symbolically marking the beginning of the War in Afghanistan and Iraq. This event was so devastating, not only for the city of New York, but for America as a whole; it left us vulnerable for one of the first times in our young history. This would eventually lead to the stock market plummeting and the economy dropping lower and later into a depression. The attacks are by far the most memorable event in my lifetime, I can still remember sitting in my class in 5th grade early in the morning and hearing about this event (later to watch it on TV and seeing the second plane hit live!) and not really knowing what the World Trade Centers were, let alone the enormous severity of the situation that was about to unfold for the years to come. This is something that I will share with my children and grandchildren for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment